5900 Series RV Slider Window
- The 5900 is a premium quality window with a flush, automotive look. It is a versatile radius corner window used in motor homes, trailers, vans, boats and other applications. The 5900 can be manufactured in various configurations for use throughout the unit.
- Inside clamp ring mount for a smooth exterior. Clamp rings are available to fit a variety of wall thickness.
- Sliding panels move smoothly, and secure positively into place. The window uses an automotive style black lock or full length pull bar with cam latch.
- Safety glass, in clear or a variety of available tints, is standard. Stationary windows may be ordered with laminated glass for front facing applications. Frames are coated with a long-lasting black or white mar-resistant finish. All lites may be re-glazed without removing the window from the wall unit.
- Removable charcoal mesh screens are standard. The frame, clamp ring and screen are color coordinated.
- Low profile frame for a smooth exterior appearance.
- Sliding panels move smoothly, and stop securely in place. For security, the window locks tightly closed.
- Sloping sill design ensures proper drainage.
- Aluminum framed sliding screens, with fiberglass screen cloth are removable for easy cleaning.
- Egress models are available. Egress handles are painted red and placed in easy to reach locations.
- Black baked on frame finishes made from special materials that are formulated to last. The frame, screen and clamp ring are color coordinated.
- Safety glazing is standard. Choose from clear or a variety of tints. Stationary windows may be ordered in laminated glass for front facing applications. Exposed glass has a smooth satin crown edge that complies with federal standards.
- Interior clamp ring installation accommodates a wide range of wall thickness.
- Re-glazing, if ever required, can be done without removal of the window from the wall of the unit.
- Radius corner fillers available for easier routing of hole.
- 5900 Series offers two types of emergency egress windows:
- Full Swing Out- The windows include an auxiliary fixed frame with hinges. Upon releasing the emergency handles at the bottom sill, the main window swings out from the top. The full swing out egress windows is most satisfactory in non angled windows, which are wider than their height. A clear egress area of 17"H x 24"W dictates a minimum standard size of 21-7/8"H x 29-5/8"W for this configuration.
- Normal Slider Egress-- The window when built large enough, will allow emergency exit by simply sliding the window and screen open and climbing out. In order to meet current minimum escape area requirements, the window minimum standard width is 59-3/4".